Monday, September 7, 2015

Growing Up

My name is Julia Shaffer. I like to write. I LOVE Disney. And I am going to be a freshman in high school.
                                                      Most importantly I. am. HUMAN.

   As a human I make mistakes but I also succeed. As a human I live out my life, and along the way I develop relationships. As Julia I choose to be a Christian and have that relationship with God. As Julia I          don't want to grow up, in fact, at times I'm scared of it. That is what I am writing about today.

          If you haven't noticed by now, we do not live in Neverland. We do not stay young forever and we do not live with Peter Pan. Yeah I know, seems like a sad life. But it actually isn't because we get to live our life knowing it won't last forever which makes us want to live it to our fullest. I started high school last week, it feels like just yesterday that I walked into my middle school for the very first time. Next year I can drive. I will be an adult in 3 years and in 4 will be graduating high school and going off the college. It is so hard to accept the fact that I am growing up. That is hard for me to accept because I don't want to grow up, I want to be a little kid again. I want time to stop and be able to stay this age forever. I don't want to have to move out or go to college, or get a job. I don't want to drive a car and have to go out into the world. I like it how it is. I think that is because I don't like change, I'm not comfortable with it. I feel that with change I'm growing up which means I no longer can be that little kid I want to be. I think that sometimes with change, I feel like I will lose someone. I think that I feel that I'll lose the people I love as I grow older. That is hard for me. The thing is I am not in control AND I don't need to worry because God has it all planned out. He has plans for me and he knows my future. I worry about losing people when I need to know that what is going to happen WILL happen. I am going grow, SO WHAT? I will not let that fact change me. I am still the girl who likes to write and draw. Who LOVES Disney and wants to work in Disneyland in college. I am still the girl who wants to deepen her relationships with her friends and family. I am still Julia. 

          FEAR and WORRY holds us back. I am scared. I am scared to lose people. I am scared to grow up. I shouldn't be because 1.) God has a plan. and 2.) IT HOLDS ME BACK! 
          We will all grow up. But that doesn't mean we can't stay young at heart. We can still have a fun a side, we can have a childlike imagination, we can still stay young. We can be mature children. Yes that is what I am calling it. 

As Peter Pan would say, "NEVER GROW UP!"

Disclaimer: I am not saying that we should pretend we are not growing up because that is something we need to accept. What I want to get across is that we shouldn't be scared of what is to come. We should continue to grow as a person but it isn't a bad thing to be young at heart.

I love you,
Julia

 


2 comments:

  1. You're so great. I love how you're always wanting to be a little kid and I love you so much. I almost started crying while I was reading this cause I miss you so much. You're so brave. I love your blogs. Keep writing. Keep being the amazing girl God made you to be. Never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry! That ^^^^^ was me, Sarah. Love you!
    - Sarah <3

    ReplyDelete